X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whites TRX

I also posted this in the Whites section. Don't get me wrong I love my Whites but they are destroying this thing on Facebook. Sellers are bragging on the depth and the public is saying I bought a metal detector for depth and a pin pointer for pin pointing. Unless the TRX has some kind of adjustment, I think Whites BOMBED ‚Äčon this idea.
    Whites DFX, Garrett ATPro w/5x8, Whites 5900 Di Pro, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Garrett Pro Pointer, Whites Bulleye,
    Black Widow Headphones, Predator Tools Raven, Lesche Digger

Yep, called ratcheting.. adjustable form 4.5 - 1/2"
    http://metaldetectingforum.com/showp...72&postcount=1
    Last edited by airscapes; 02-28-2014, 07:54 AM.
    Doug
    Philadelphia PA - Coinmaster GT, 4x6 shooter and NEL Hunter coils, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM head phones.

Comment

This is the first "new thing" that has interested me in a long time!

Comment

Be very careful of anyone trying to "sell" you on something. Look at the facts, price and value and decide for yourself. That said, the Garrett Pro Pointer is hard to beat!
        Contact me for your best forum deal!
        Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net
        or 405-206-9010

Comment

I would have to put hands on it to make a specific comment, but in general, I would really hope it has an adjustable depth. 4.5 inches sounds extreme, but there are times when the target is in the side of the hole which 4.5 inch depth would save a lot of random digging!

I just wish they would make these things cheaper!
          CTX - E-Trac - Excal - SM2 - SM PI

The detectorist formerly known as Jason in Enid

Comment

The TRX is not sensitive on the length of it, just at the tip so makes finding things in the wall easier.
            It has a sensitivity adjustment and it is very slick
            Here is how it works

From the manual:
            Target Ratchet
            A quick press of the button lets you ratchet in on a strong signal.

What it should say to make more sense
            "When an excessively strong signal is found and the location can not be pinpointed, briefly press the button while the pp is sounding to reduce the sensitivity, each press reduces (ratchets) down the sensitivity. "
            Doug
            Philadelphia PA - Coinmaster GT, 4x6 shooter and NEL Hunter coils, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM head phones.

Comment

Very interesting..I have a whites dealer around the corner and may go look at it

Comment

Working...
              X